Friday, May 9, 2014

Rainbow Poppies #137



Today's creation started with a bright background created with five colours of distress paint.  Drawn simply with lines of paint.  I then dotted over some white distress paint and took a dotty mask and added the green dotted border down one side. 

I next stamped using archival black and stamped my greeting (Indigoblu) and my poppies (also Indigoblu).

I used my clear stamp block to draw a border around the words and added black shading one side and white the other to make it look three dimensional (also to make it look like I stamped it on an angle on purpose!! - oops). 

I coloured my poppies with Distress Markers - I was really impressed how much colour showed up as the background was so bright (now I need more distress markers to add to my four colours!!).

I added a few highlights and lowlights using black and white pens on the poppies and decided to also outline the flowers in white gel pen to make them stand out of the background just that little bit more.

A final addition was to add the dash border and then stamp a few swirls in toffee Versafine at the bottom to give it a base border.

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: