Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Little Blue Owl #106



I taught a fabulous group of keen crafting ladies at Stradbroke yesterday.  We created mixed media collage panels using a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer Misters, Distress Paints and Stains and a wide range of rubber stamps.

This was the sample I created to show them the finish of the Distress Paints.  I started by created a muted background using pinks and blues and blending them with my cloth.  I then added some pattern detail by adding paint through some masks and once dry I drew around the banner mask with a fineliner pen.

Next I stamped with the woodware viva Le Plume stamp using a blue ink to create some texture in the background. 

Next I stamped my Woodware owl onto the background.  It was very pale so I decided to stamp the owl on a separate piece of card and coloured him by using Distress Inks and applying with a waterbrush to give a watercolour effect.

finally I added my greeting - which is from Kaisercraft.

It's a lovely softly shaded piece - I was really pleased with the finished effect.  I'll be showing a bit of this technique at my demonstration on Saturday in store 10-4 which is to celebrate our 2nd birthday event!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Shop for Woodware Stamps
Shop for Distress Inks and Paints

No comments: