Thursday, April 24, 2014

Chantilly Petal Card #122



Trying something new for me today.  I was itching to have a play with the lovely Tattered Lace dies.  I don't naturally tend to create very lacy designs of cards, so it was nice to try something a little different.  I was inspired by all the lovely samples I see popping up on my wall on Facebook using these dies and thought I would give it a try.

I started by cutting four of the Chantilly Petal dies out of white card stock and played around with how to lay them out.  I couldn't decide whether to put them into the corners, or put the corners together into the centre which made it look like a pretty doily.    I cut out a Small Bow die out of white too and popped all the pieces out (is it just me that finds that so satisfying?)  I found a lovely sheet of lilac patterened paper amongst my collection that would be perfect for this card.

I worked onto an 8x8" card and if you are careful, you can cut all your layers out of just 1 12x12 sheet of paper and 1 A4 sheet of card.  Work out what size your top layer needs to be and then your largest backing sheet.  Cut the largest one first, then cut your smaller piece out of the middle.  do the same for your white card mats - as you are laying one on top of another it won't matter that the middle is cut out!

I mounted all my layers onto my card blank and then positioned my die cuts - making sure I left the bow pieces to stand out to give some dimension.  I stuck them all down with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

Next I played around with little lilac gems to design a pattern I could repeat on all the four corner pieces.  Once happy with the design I set about sticking them all down... it did take a bit of time, but I hope you'll agree that it's worth it!  I squeezed a little dries clear glue onto my mat, then picked a little glue up on the tip of my pricking tool and then stuck on the back of a gem to pick up and then carefully press and place into position - methodical and it really works easily without having lots of mucky glue waste on your card.

Well what do you think... did I do the lacy style justice?

We'll be ordering more dies from Tattered Lace shortly - so do let us know if there are any dies you would like us to add to the order or if you would like to reserve a copy of the Tattered Lace magazine.

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Shop for Tattered Lace Dies

No comments: