Friday, April 18, 2014

Black, White and Grey #116


Another monotone piece again today - again practicing my shading with Promarkers.

I started by covering my card with two different black white and grey backing papers.  I added a ripped edge on the bottom backing paper and added some black ink.  I edged the card piece in a little black ink too.  I then stamped my happy happy stamp on the background.

I stamped my Hero Arts stamp (G2812 Woman in Profile) onto a separate piece of card using Black Memento ink.  I darkened up the black pieces with my fineliner black pen.  I then used my Promarker blender and Promarker Frosted Leaf to add some outlining around the lady and the postmark and then also around the border.  I tried to blend the grey shade using the blender.  As a final touch I used the chisel edge to run a border around the outside of the panel.

It's surprising that just that little bit of shading makes her and the postmark look three dimensional and raised up from the background

I then mounted the whole piece onto black and onto a 5x7 card

Not quite mastered the blending yet - need more practice!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: