Wednesday, April 2, 2014

a little blue, green and red....



This is another of the Chocolate Baroque Facebook Group's colour challenges.  I've long wanted to have a go at colour blocking with these Chocolate Baroque Wild Meadow stamps - and the colour challenge was an ideal opportunity.

I used low tack tape to mask off my card so only 3 rectangles showed.

I used Distress Ink Salty Ocean, a mix of Distress Ink Peeled Paint and Memento Cottage Ivy and then Distress Ink Fired Brick for the 3 panels.

I then removed all the masks except the one at the botton and stamped using Archival black - stamping a mix of flowers from the Wild Meadow set - and the little butterfly.

I then used a green pencil to add some foliage colour and then added my main colours using quickie glue pen and different coloured glitters - a red, a pale blue and a bottle green for the highlights and a pale leaf green for the foliage.  I added a few white gel highlights - particularly on the green panel to get the stems to stand out from the background and then finally removed my tape from the bottom

A really effective technique to try!

happy crafting
Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Join us for our 2nd birthday celebrations in store on 12th April - 10-4 - for demonstrations, special offer prizes and a prize draw!

Shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for Inks
 

No comments: