Saturday, March 15, 2014

Just peachy!

I made this card in the Die cutting workshop a couple of weeks back.  It's not often I work in peach colours - not one of my favourite shades, but I picked out this colour because it was something I wouldn't usually pick (if that makes sense!).  It's all to easy to always work in your favourite colours and its nice to do something different.

This is made on an 8x8" card blank and you can create it from just one sheet of 12x12" coloured cardstock.  Firstly, cut your base panel so you have a white border on your card blank.  Then cut your white squares - I happen to have a square die the perfect size, but you can cut them by hand if you haven't.  You will need 9 squares.  Then emboss each square with an embossing folder, 9 different ones or you could use two different designs and have the corners and the middle in one and the other four in the second design... or three designs cut in rows....lots of options!

Next I stuck down all the squares.  This is probably the most difficult part of this design as you want to try and keep your borders even and your squares straight.  I find it easier to stick in my four corners first and then make sure the gaps are even on the central ones.

You can then start to cut your die cut shapes to go on top.  A handy tip is to cut them out of white first, you can then cut more than you need and play around until you have the arrangement you want.  Then you can cut them out of your 12x12" sheet, taking care to work out that you can fit them all onto what's left over.

I then stuck them on using cosmic shimmer dries clear glue and as a final touch added clear glitter onto the heart using a quickie glue pen.  The heart die is a Memory Box Die - Bingham Heart.  The corner is the Memory Box Madiera Corner.

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Memory Box Dies
Shop for Quickie Glue Pen
Shop for Embossing Folders


No comments: