Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Elegant Wildflowers


I'm still creating with the pieces that I made in last Saturday's demonstration.  This is the wildflower Sweet Poppy Stencil.  I started by applying translucent paste through the stencil and then sprinkled over with sparkly embossing powders in strips - black, silver and gold.  I then heated from underneath - be patient - it takes a bit of time before it starts to bubble and melt the embossing powder.  Once it has heated through give it a final blast from the heat gun on the top to make sure that all the powder is melted.  This gives the finished piece really nice texture. 

I've mounted this simply onto the black background.  I wanted to keep the background quite elegant.  I used my Tim Holtz Royal Script stamp in black archival and then applied the same ink with cut n dry foam through a new Memory Box Stencil to add the cross-hatch detail.  I tried to not make it symmetrical - including the black card in the background being placed at different heights and cut in different widths.

It's been mounted onto an 8x8" card blank.

I really like the simple elegance of the layout and the colours on this one.  I think you could use these flowers to make a really elegant sympathy card too by sticking with simple colours and message.

happy crafting
Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Stencils (including Sweet Poppy)


No comments: