Thursday, March 20, 2014

Can you see the wood for the trees...?


A bit of an experimental project this one!  I had misted the background a long time ago - using a leaf mask and some bright colours in yellows, oranges and lime green tones with  a splash of blue.  I added my Sweet Poppy Walk in the Park stencil and used a gold embossing paste (from Dreamweaver) sprinkled with a little black and gold glitter (those who came to my demo morning saw me doing this bit!)  Once it had dried, I felt it needed a little bit of definition.  I added some distress ink using cut n dry - Dusky Concord - a purple shade.  The paste was a little tough on my sponge but a small price to pay!  I added the definiton to the trees to make them pop and then added a simple border to the left and bottom side using a fineliner and a ruler to draw three parallel lines. 

the bird is cut from black card using a Crafty Individuals die and the wording is hand-written onto white card.

It was all mounted onto an 8x8" card blank.

I was most pleased with the results on this one... a technique I will play with a bit more - coloured paste onto coloured backgrounds.

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Sweet Poppy Stencils
Shop for Cosmic Shimmer misters
Shop for Crafty Individuals Dies

1 comment:

Rocky said...

Very effective, love the paste, it gives real dimension.