Saturday, March 22, 2014

Bright Owl



I love to create really vibrant bright backgrounds and then see what I can make with them.  This card started with Alcohol Inks - dropped in big drops and then spritzed with Stazon cleaner to add speckles and muted areas.  The background has also been stamped with a flourish design using plum Archival to give a bit of pattern

I then chose this gorgeous owl from Chocolate Baroque and stamped him in Archival Black ink.  A few elements were then traced with white gel pen so he really stood out from the background.

The wording is also from Chocolate Baroque, and again, I've outlined with pen.  It was such a busy background without it even the bold black stamp wasn't enough to make it stand out. 

Lovely and bright!

I had a lovely day today chatting to crafters and customers at a Craft Fair - always such a sociable occasion!

I'm going to have to be organised tomorrow - I need to create my sample board for my demonstrations at Sincerely Yours Thetford on 30th March... and make two blog projects too... a creative day lined up for me I think!

I hope you get to fit in some crafting this weekend.

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk


No comments: