Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Birdcages in blue


This is another card made using the fab stamps that come free with Creative Stamping (Our copies of the magazine have now arrived in the shop and are ready to send out!).  I started by stamping the flowery border in black archival.  I then stamped the birdcage, birds, reeting and the flowers at the bottom - again all in black archival.  Now to add a little colour - I used my Cosmic Shimmer Drawing Inks again - some really bright tones in purple on the flowers , leafy green on the foliage and then the very pale blue to make the birdcage stand out.

I found a lovely backing paper to match the tones, so decided to mount it just in a simple black and pale blue borders. 

I cut my little bird from my Crafty Individuals die from bluecard (the same as I've used on the mount) and then coloured it using Purple Archival and cut n dry foam - to make sure it stood out from the background. 

It's all mounted onto an 8x8" card blank.

Loving these stamps...  ! :-)

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for the magazine with the free stamps
Shop for Drawing Inks
Shop for Crafty Individuals Dies

2 comments:

Rocky said...

Me thinks you like this set very much. The bluebird is lovely.

Jane Aldridge said...

Oh yes - just a bit! How could you tell! :-)