Thursday, February 13, 2014

Phew.... just in time!


Ooh a bit late with my blogging today.. but it has been a bit of a busy day!  I had good intentions of writing my blog post this afternoon... but then four boxes of gorgeous beads, findings and charms arrived that I had been waiting for about 3 weeks from China... so blogging went out of the window to be replaced with me and Sarah oohing and aaahing over all the new lovely goodies!

Then of course I had my workshop this evening - which was colouring techniques - two hours packed with us all trying lots of different colouring mediums - mica powders as paints, mica paints, watercolour pencils, Promarkers, drawing inks - great fun!  That's the ideal thing with a workshop - they give you a chance to have a play and try out products to help you decide which ones are the best for you to buy to suit your own style of crafting!

Anyway.. back to today's project.  This is just lovely - it looks even better in real-life - so if you are local do pop into the shop to have a look!

The topper is a Woodware peel-off sticker that I have coloured with Promarkers and then die cut with a circle die.  I then die cut a slightly larger circle and coloured with the same promarker I had used for the flower.  I tried various backgrounds with this topper, some die cut swirls, backing papers... but they didn't look quite right.  I then wondered whether my Indigoblu Tree-mendous stamp would work well... yes - and how about with gilding flakes... oh yes - even better!..  So I then had that dilemma every crafter had.  I had a square of white card with beautifully gilded trees on it.. now to be brave and add some ink or not...?  will it ruin it?  will it make it even better?  I decided in the end it just had to have some colour, so I hesitantly applied some Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and Wow!.. did that make the gilding flakes pop!

So here it is...  my finished card looks fab!  I think I will be having a few more sessions playing with the gilding flakes again soon!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

Shop for Indigoblu stamps and gilding flakes
Shop for Flower Peel-off


No comments: