Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lovely Bears



Something nice and simple today.  I had a day where I didn't have time to get inky and painty, so I raided my selection of Hunkydory and Kanban Toppers for some inspiration and found I had some of this cute little bear that I've had for ages!  I thought they were ideal as a few Valentines cards for the shop, so I kept the layout very simple, either using the backing cards that came in the kit, or some backing papers from my Wild Rose Studio Always and Forever pad.

Only one part decided to give me a challenge.  Could I get my little purple flowers to stick to the ribbon..??. Oh no... didn't want to know... tried various different adhesives without any joy and finally reached for my Glossy Accents.  I put some onto the back of each flower and put aside... patience required for this one.  When I came back the next day - yes - success!  So if in trouble.. always reach for the glossy accents - its amazing stuff!!

I've had a creative session this morning as I've had to get myself organised.  In the shop the next two days, doing a workshop Thursday evening, Saturday I'm off to Birmingham for the annual Craft Trade show where I'll be til late Monday - so I had to get ahead with my blog projects - and I had a fab session this morning and created some great pieces for the next few days.

I love going to the trade show - I get to surround myself in the crafting world for two days and spend time with fellow crafting addicts!  I also get to go shopping!  Finding fab new goodies to bring to the shop.  Of course the big excitement this time too - is I find out on Sunday night how we have got on with our nomination for the Best Local Craft Store in East Anglia - woohoo... how exciting!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Glossy Accents
Shop for Hunkydory Kits
Shop for Kanban Kits

No comments: