Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Steampunk Rosebuds for a True Friend

Today's project is going back to my Chocolate Baroque Steampunk Butterfly stamp set.  I've used the steampunk rose buds and the background circle corner design. 

I started with a piece of white card and I collaged torn pieces of dictionary page to cover it - I used the offcuts from my project from the other day, so some of it is stamped with cogs and the butterfly and spritzed with a little gold.  I then used Fired Brick Distress Stain to cover it and then added some Dusty Concord Stain to add a bit of depth of colour.  I then edged the card with Tarnished Gold stain.  I stamped the corner design in black on the background.

I stamped the rosebuds and heat embossed with detail black onto separate card and then flooded it with wild honey distress stain with a touch of fired brick and Forest moss for the greenery.  Once dry, I cut out as closely as I could and stuck onto my card.  finally I stamped the greeting and embossed in White and tied a little cord around the top.

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for Distress Stains
Shop for Embossing Powder
Shop for ribbons and twine


1 comment:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the colours and the background is fabulous!

Hugs
Linda xxx