Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sometimes you just need to take a nap.....

Very apt for me today.... I got a little hot under the collar trying to locate a missing parcel that's managed to make it all the way to Attleborough from China.... but they can't find us to deliver it!  So when deciding what to post today I saw this tag and thought... yep that's me today!

I've been playing with a few ideas on this one.  I found this vintage printed paper in my stash and inked with Distress ink (vintage photo) using the new Tim Holtz Shatter mask.  I then inked up a Woodware doily with pumice stone and a piece of ripped script paper with walnut stain.  I assembled my pieces and thought I would be brave and stamp my lady on the top (She's a Personal Impressions stamp).  Always risky as you are stamping on layers, but I figured if she didn't stamp out nicely enough, I could always go to plan B and stamp on separate paper and cut and paste on! 

I stamped my words (love this sentiment!) - an Inkadinkado design - and ripped around it and inked up with pumice stone. 

I then started to assemble, adding a piece of lace as an extra detail.  I then took a Woodware Crochet flower which start off an ivory colour and I flooded it with ink from my vintage photo distress stain.  I left my flower overnight to dry and then attached it the next day together with a metal flower on top.  I used my Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue to stick it all down.

I'm not usually one to work with lace and flowers... but in my new ethos of trying to expand on my style of crafting, I'm planning to experiment with them a bit more!

happy crafting

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Doilies, Crochet Flowers and Lace


Shop for Distress Stains
Shop for Tim Holtz Shatter Mask



No comments: