Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Snowdrops in Teal


See.. told you yesterday I had been playing with coloured inks!!  Today's card has been made using Chocolate Baroque stamps - Snowdrop Script and the flourish from Decadent Brocade.  I rummaged through my ink collection and found an unloved Teal Stazon pad that hadn't seen daylight for a while... so I thought I would theme the card all in that colour.  The snowdrop was stamped and cut out.  Then the mount was cut out and I inked the border using a cut n dry foam into the stazon pad (not just for Distress Inks!).  I stamped the background stamp with Stazon but as I don't very often clean my stamps there was a little black residue which gave it a nice darker part to the design here and there.  I cut the background piece out and mounted it on a black border..  just to give a little contrast.  Finally I cut out a card strip and inked it directly with the inkpad to get a stronger - but mottled colour finish. 

Once dry I used my Martha Stewart punch to cut out on both sides.  A handy hint for cutting a matching border with the punches - if you line up the right top corner of your strip to the end of the punch and start punching your pattern on one side, then turn your card around and match up the bottom left corner with the edge of the punch your pattern should be mirrored on the other side!  Give it a try with your border punches.  Also try a 1", 1.5", 2" strip width as you will get a different border effect depending on the width of your strip....  anyways  back to the card - I fixed my pattern strip using some Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear glue.

I cut a rectangle from white card and used the same punch and its matching corner to cut around the design.  I then cut it so I could use it on both corners behind the mount.  I used the cut n dry foam again to add a little ink shading on the edge of the border and then the card was then finished onto an 8x8" card blank.

have fun playing with your punches!

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Inkpads
Shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps



No comments: