Monday, January 13, 2014

Green Owl....

This lovely owl is from the Wise Owl set from Chocolate Baroque.  The background flourish is also Chocolate Baroque - Decadent Brocade.  I started by embossing the brocade flourish in white embossing powder.  I then inked over the top using a mix of brown Distress Inks.  I stamped and embossed my owl in black and then coloured with Pear Green Promarker.   I cut three lengths of lace and put double sided tape on the back and then layered at the top of the card.  I cut a length of linen tape and coloured with the same promarker and then cut in half lengthways and stuck a piece at the top to edge the lace.  Then I bound it with black bakers twine.  I arranged my feathers behind my owl and stuck down.  Finally I handwrote my words and cut out and mounted.

It was nice to create a piece that had lots of layers and textures to it.

I've been busy creating again today getting ready the projects for the rest of this week.  I've been playing around with stamping in different coloured inks - so that may be a bit of a theme this week!  I can't wait to share some of the projects with you!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for Linen Tape
Shop for Feathers
Shop for Bakers Twine
Shop for Distress Inks




No comments: