Thursday, January 30, 2014

Firey Lady

Todays project features a stamp from Creative Expressions.  I've created the background using distress inks and then stamped over the top with the chicken wire stamp and also with a bit of bubble wrap (always good for a bit of texture!).  I've used a mask too to add lots of layers of texture.  I've stamped a couple of borders along the bottom in a black archival ink and then added some highlights using a white gel pen.  The greeting is from Chocolate Baroque and the lady has been stamped in archival black.  I've then used a waterpen to colour in the lady and lift the colour off with a cloth.  Just keep repeating this to tone down the background colour, and then you can pick up some distress ink with your waterbrush and re-colour back in to give the definition from the background.  Again a few white highlights make all the difference!

This was a piece I created a while back.. I had a different project lined up to show you today...  but unfortunately my photography skills last night were not up to scratch... so I will re-photograph tonight to show you less blurry!  Fortunately I had this sample at the shop and thought it might be one you would like.

I get to be creative again this evening as I have the heart card workshop - always fun to get out those misters!  If you read this early enough.. there are still a couple of spaces so if you fancy joining me, just give the shop a call 01953 454976 - the workshop starts at 6pm

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Stamps
Shop for Distress Inks
Shop for White Gel pen

1 comment:

Rocky said...

Those white highlights really do make all the difference don't they, she's lovely.