Sunday, January 19, 2014

Champagne and Dancing!

I really enjoyed making this card - something a little different and very striking!

I've used my freebie stamps again - from Creative Stamping Magazine.  It has the most gorgeous lace corner stamp that you can stamp four times to make this beautiful lacy motif.  I've stamped the whole card using Versafine Satin Red ink.  Once I had stamped the lacy motif I cut it out and then cut out a white mount and used a Martha Stewart punch on the corners.  I cut out a circle shape using a die - just big enough to fit in the fabulous saying.  The main motif was mounted onto a red border which really highlights those decorative corner.  finally the 6x6" card blank was stamped with the rose motif using the same inkpad.  As you can see I often start from the top of my design and work backwards as I find that then you can make sure your background perfectly matches the type of motif you are laying onto it.

Why not try yourself some monotone stamping... pick a colour and carry it through the design.  I would love to see your creations - please comment with your blog to share!

Have a lovely Sunday and I hope you get to fit in some crafting time!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts
Shop for Inkpads
Shop for Creative Stamping Magazine

No comments: