Friday, January 31, 2014

Blue Peacock - from the grumpy crafter! :-)


I just love the background on this tag!  It is so vibrant - the photos just don't do it justice.  I started by embossing the peacock feather stamp from Chocolate Baroque Peacock Glory set of stamps and I embossed it in clear embossing powder.  I then sprayed the tag with Cosmic Shimmer Misters... I chose Peacock Green and Midnight Blue and Purple Violet - all very strong vibrant colours and when sprayed with a lot of ink and then just left to dry the colours are amazing!  As it was drying I gently rubbed across the embossed feathers with a cloth to remove the mister from most of the embossing to make those feathers really stand out.

This tag then sat on my desk for a few days.  You know how it is .. you create a gorgeous tag... and you don't want to cover it up!  everything you try just doesn't quite look right..... because it's covering that fab background!  Well after a few days I decided to just go for it.  I brayered a piece of matt cardstock with Big n Juicy waterfall  ink, so it kept with the bluey green theme - but much less vibrant.  I then stamped my peacock in archival black and cut him out.   I then added some highlights with my white gel pen.   He needed a bit of contrast as the colours were still too similar for him to pop... so I stuck him onto white card and cut round with a bit of a border.  Finally.. my tag was coming together!  I wanted to keep the wording simple... so I left it all with just black stamping onto white card - using a phrase from Chocolate Baroque Artistic Affirmations set - that I thought was very appropriate for me this week.. as I've had to squeeze in a late night crafting session!.  A final strip of white card - rather wonkily (is that a word??) cut...  to give it some character of course!... was the final touch to go behind the wording and ta daaaa...  my tag was finally finished..   And it still looks fab.. even if I say so myself!

This was one of the creations from my late night tired and grumpy crafting session.   I just wasn't in the mood to craft... or do anything... but a blog deadline is a blog deadline, so I thought...... OK I'll just sit and make one tag - something simple but quick and effective.  Well two hours later I was a happy girl, covered in ink, and ended up creating my most favourite pieces for ages... so I'll be excited to share them all with you over the next couple of days!  They say art is theraputic... for me this week it was certainly true!

happy crafting (even if you are feeling grumpy!)
Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Shop for Cosmic Shimmer Misters

No comments: