Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Santa Tag

Isn't it lovely when you get to borrow a stamp from a friend?  Well my friend Sarah lent me this Tim Holtz Santa stamp and I just had to get started getting creative with it! 

I cut myself a tag from a white piece of card and started building up the colours using Distress Inks - Ice Spruce, Fired Brick, Peacock Feathers adding some detail using That Special Touch Music border mask.  I then spritzed with water and lifted the droplets with a towl to add some texture.  Finally I added some dots using sequin waste as a mask.  I then stamped by Santa using Archival Black.  I used a water brush to wet the face area and a towel to lift off some colour so he stood out from the background. 

Finally I dabbed some Fired Brick and Peeled Paint ink to my worksheet and used my waterbrush to paint in some detail on santa's suit and the holly and berries.  I added some gold Cosmic Shimmer Gilding wax around the edge of the tag (this really glistens in the light) and coloured some white card with the gold wax.  I then cut some strips to add to the top and the bottom of the tag.  Finally I stuck on two snowflake charms.

One more sleep til Christmas... yahaaaay

Happy crafting!

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Distress Inks
Shop for Gilding Wax
Shop for Charms
Shop for Masks


No comments: