Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Christmas! Santa Card

Woohoo Christmas Day!   This is a scheduled post as at this moment I will be having a fab Christmas Dinner at our local pub with my family!  Hope you are all having a fabulous Christmas and have lots of new crafting goodies to play with!

Today's project is using the same stamp as yesterday.  My borrowed Santa Stamp.  Well I was the ultimate in cheeky in that I used my friend Sarah's Stamp to make her Christmas Card - I figured at least I knew she would like the design!! I can publish it now as she should have opened her card. 

The stamp is from Tim Holtz and I started by stamping the design using Archival Black ink onto white card and trimmed it to size.  I then colour washed it with a waterbrush using various Distress Inks.  Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, and the background was tinted with Iced Spruce.  I then cut a piece of card larger than my first as a mount and coloured it with Peeled Paint. 

Next I cut a selection of sized backing pieces from different brown shades of card and paper from my own stash to arrange as a backing. 

I coloured some white card using Gathered Twigs Distress Inks and cut out the Memory Box Precious Snowflakes, the Memory Box Tessatina Border and a free Christmas Tree die I got on a magazine.  I cut the tessatina border into a single line of squares (just love this die for it's versatility!) and mounted everything all together onto an 8x8" card blank.  I was really pleased with the result and I hope Sarah was too!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Jane

www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Memory Box Dies
Shop for Distress Inks

No comments: