Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Mona Lisa!

this is another stamp I borrowed from Sarah.  Love the collage style of this one and I thought I was due some bright colours this time! 

The stamp is from Hero Arts - Collage Mona Lisa.

I started with a white tag and built up bright colours with Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and added water splashes which I then lifted off with a towel for some texture..  I added lots of dot details using sequin waste as  a mask and then stamped the design using Archival black ink.  I also stamped my tag onto scrap and cut out the shape so I could use it as a mask to add more yellow tones to the area of the stamp to make it stand out from the background.  I used water to lift some of the colour from Mona Lisa and then painted in the holly using peeled paint and the berries using fired brick.  I also added some shading to the Eiffel tower using Iced Spruce.  I used my white gel pen to highlight some details of the stamped design and then added some cross-hatch patterns around the outside to add a little interest.

An alternative Christmas design!

happy crafting

Jane
www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk
Shop for Distress Inks

No comments: