Thursday, June 6, 2013

An Abundance of Love....

I am sticking with the elephant theme this week...  you know what it is like when you get a new set of stamps.. you just want to play!




I started with a Cosmic Shimmer Spritzed background...  this one had been done some time ago in my book ready to be decorated.. I tend to prepare a few pages so they are dry to speed up my creations.  I used the Chocolate Baroque Indian Elephant stamps for this page.  The paisley flower stamp was stamped at the top using Versafine Olympia Green.  I then stamped the elephant and the flourish design underneath him in the same ink.  I stamped the wording from Chocolate Baroque Artistic Affirmations set.

I then started to paint in details on the elephant using Eco-green paint Aged Gold.  I then added highlights through all the stamped designs using White gel and Gold gel pens.  I just loved the detail in the paisley pattern stamp - particularly once it had the white highlights.  As a final touch I drew in a few white gel pen stars in the background and added a few stick on gems here and there to add some sparkle.

This was a really chilled out piece to create .. it was lovely to sit and just pick out the detail with the white pen.

happy crafting!
Jane
Shop for your supplies at www.aldridgecrafts.co.uk

No comments: