Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What to do with those die cut letters....


I have a bit of a thing about lettering and fonts.  I think it goes back to my calligraphy days.  I studied calligraphy for four years whilst I was at school as I was lucky enough that my art teacher was the most amazingly talented calligrapher.  So when I got my hands on the Classic alphabet Upper case dies from Memory Box... I just had to have a play. 

I used my journal book as a base and started by spritzing the page with water and placing the 'that special touch' cogs mask on the right hand side.  I then spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Bronze Blush mister and allow to dry.  I then took a sheet from my dictionary and stuck a few pieces on.  I then placed my cogs stencil back in place and added some more colour using gathered twigs distress ink so some of the cogs design was also over the dictionary wording.  I then cut out the die out of white card and used the waste piece as a stencil.  I used a combination of spritzing the ink through the stencil and also using it with my cut n dry foam with the distress ink to have a few random letters in the background.  I used all my white letters to create a random tumbling letters pattern... being careful not to spell out any unfortunate words!!  I cut out the words 'create' and 'art' from the lower case alphabet.  I kept the 'create' in white and stuck at the bottom of the page.  The 'art' wording i used Indigoblu's flitterglu and then applied gilding flakes before sticking to the top.

This piece is a perfect example that you can create art out of anything!  Just a few letters and some spritzer sprays and look what appears.  It's great fun - I definitely recommend giving it a try!

happy crafting
Jane

No comments: