Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm in my happy place!


Sometimes you create a piece of artwork that you just love!.... and this is one for me.  Perhaps I shouldn't be so complimentary about something I've created myself... but I just love this tag!!  The shading just worked well.  It has that right mix of vintage and modern and is a clean crisp design.

Firstly I covered some white cardstock with torn pieces of a very old (1930s) damaged dictionary that my friend rescued from a bin in a charity shop so I could recycle it.  I've just stuck it down with a Stix2 Gluestick.  I then cut it out using the Sizzix Super Scalloped Tag die.  Firstly I went over the surface of the tag using Antique Linen Distress Stain.  I've used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to ink up the edges - applying it with Cut N Dry Foam.

Next I added some dots to the bottom scallop with a black fineliner pen.  Then I stamped using Archival Jet Black ink using a greeting from the Artistic Affirmations set from Chocolate Baroque.  I then cut the butterfly swirl using the Memory Box die - Butterfly Vine Border.  I inked it up using the gathered twigs and then going over to cover most of it up with the black ink.  I've stuck it down using Dries Clear Cosmic Shimmer Glue.  Next I cut out both a Pippi and an Isabella Buttefly from the Memory Box range which match each other perfectly.  I coloured the base butterfly with the gathered twigs and the top and body with the archival black ink and then stuck them down.  Finally I have added some white highlights using a white gel pen to make the elements stand out.

I hope you like it as much as I do!

happy crafting
Jane

2 comments:

Rocky said...

Great tag! I knew that old book would come in handy one day!!!

Jane Aldridge said...

It's getting lots of use at the moment... I rediscovered it in my stash and now it's coming in very handy! :-)