Monday, April 15, 2013

Gilding Flakes and Butterflies

I've had such a lovely couple of creative days.  It's so nice when you have both the inspiration and the time to create!  I had a lovely morning with the ladies of Fressingfield creating the tags that were on my blog yesterday - and we all had great fun!  It's always so fulfilling when you see people who tell you that 'I'm not artistic' and 'I'm not really very creative' then follow your guidance and be brave and create a beautiful piece of artwork.

So I came home full of inspiration and continued to create lots of pieces today... but I'm going to be mean and make you wait to see them!  I'll be blogging every 2-3 days putting up my new projects over the next few weeks - so check back regularly for the next batch of pictures!

Today's project is what I've created for our Indigoblu and Gilding Flakes workshop at Attleborough this Thursday evening 6-8pm.  We still have some places available - if you would like to come and learn how to make this card - then give us a call on 01953 454976 or email me at aldridgecrafts@googlemail.com.


The stamp used is 'Love is' by Indigoblue.  The flakes used are 'Morris Dance' and the butterfly die is the 'lacewings butterfly' from Crafty Individuals.  I've created the scallop mask using the sissiz Bigz super scallop crescent die and I've used a mix of Distress inks to create the inked background.

I like the contrast of using a love heart stamp with a grungy brown background - but by using the metal flakes, the heart still jumps out on the design.

Happy crafting
Jane

No comments: