Thursday, April 18, 2013

Colourful Butterflies

I've seen quite a few cards around on blogs and on facebook which are using different bright colours in simple designs and really like the effect they give.  So I thought I would create my own version.  I've used two Memory Box Dies - Isabella Butterfly - which is the solid shape butterfly and the matching Pippi Butterfly which cuts out the filigree detail - but is perfectly sized with the Isabella design so the two can be used together to create beautiful layered butterflies.  These are both available on the website along with many other Memory Box designs

I cut out five of each butterfly out of white cardstock.  I then used memento dewdrop inks to colour the matching butterflies - the colours I used are Lady Bug, Tangelo, Bahama Blue, Bamboo Leaves and Lilac Posies.  They dry very quickly as they are being applied onto a matt cardstock.  I used a dab of Dries Clear Cosmic Shimmer glue in the centre of the top filigree butterfly and stick onto it's matching base.  I then arranged all five butterflies at different heights and angles onto a piece of white cardstock. The body of the butterfly is coloured with Memento Tuxedo Black and then stuck over the top of each butterfly.   Finally I added a 'Birthday Wishes' greeting using Archival Jet Black in and a stamp from the Woodware Salutations set and then mounted it onto a dark brown cardstock and onto a DL card blank.  You could add a little glitter to the butterflies for some extra bling!


I hope this inspires you to create your own colourful card - if you do - be sure to share your projects either on here - or post to our facebook page here.

happy crafting
Jane

No comments: