Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekly challenge project

We are starting a weekly challenge project for the next 12 weeks to get you inspired and creative!  Each week we'll post up a piece that we have created to give you ideas.  You may get inspired by the colours, the theme or something else - we would love to see anything you create as a result - feel free to email them, or link to your blog - or post them to our facebook page!

The first piece is a tag that I've created using vibrant distress ink colours.  First step was to stamp using Versamark using bubble wrap to get some interesting background.  I then embossed this with clear powder.

I then applied distress ink - Winter Berries - Seedless Preserves and Mowed Lawn - all limited edition set colours that will now be introduced as standard colours in the distress ink range - hurrah!

I then spritzed the card with splashes of water and removed the excess to get a mottled effect.  Next I stamped using the same distress inks using Umount Mini Swirls and the edge of a bare tree stamp (source unknown!) - just to add a little texture to the background.

I then stamped the seed heads using Archival Jet Black - stamp is Chocolate Baroque Retro Vases - and stamped a lined border down one side using a border from Woodware Easy Stitching stamp.  Next I stamped the word Art in Archival Black using a stamp from the Chocolate Baroque Artistic Affirmations set.

Finally I added a square panel peel -off in a black floral design and used the waste pieces to create some interest around it!

happy crafting

Jane

No comments: