Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tags 3 & 4!

You have double tags this week as I was poorly last week and didn't get the chance to post up last week's tag & instructions...

This tag has been created using Cat's Eye inks and a selection of Crafty Individuals Stamp.  Start with a matt card black and apply your inks direct to the cardstock in light swirling motions.  don't be afraid of have a few lines and streaks - you do not need a perfectly blended finish.  Keep gradually building up the colour.  I used a couple of pinks and a purple shade.  Next I used a crackle stamp and  text stamp to stamp using the same innks on the background to create a bit further texture.  You can then select your motifs to stamp in Jet Black.  The girls are from a stamp containing 9 images in a block - I've cut them apart so I can use separately.  As is the wording - it's actually from the architecture stamp but is a nice little line of words.  I've then stamped my favourite fairy angel at an angle having covered the wording with some scrap card to mask it so the stamp didnt over stamp it.  Finally I used a little metallic Marker from Letraset scribbled onto my beauty wording (again one word highlighted from a bit mixed wording stamp) and then stamped in the corner.  Finally - as ever a few white gel pen highlights and borders round the girls to give it the finishing touches!  I had fun doing this tag and I do have to say it's my favourite so far!  The original is in the shop if you are passing!
This week's tag

A little simpler this week.  For those of you who do not stamp!  Start with a black matt card blank.  Use a Versamark ink directly on the card to create a random strip over the central part of the card - I worked from the bottom right hand corner towards the top left.  Next use Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders and dust your mica's sparingly onto where you have inked.  You really do not need much at all - you can always add more!  I've used a mix of colours - pink, purple, orange, gold.  Dust them over and then use a big dusting brush to dust off the excess.  I've then added a mix of stickers - some silver some white in a decorative pattern and finally added a few highlights with Stickles Crystal glitter.  If you fancy having a go at Mica Powders, this is one of the projects we will be working on in the workshop on 22nd November 6-8pm (£12.50) in Attleborough at the shop.  Call 01953 454976 to book your place!

enjoy your crafting this week

Jane

No comments: