Saturday, April 9, 2011

Believe....

Sometimes you've just got to believe it'll work. I'm busy creating samples for my demonstration at Sincerely Yours at Thetford next weekend (hope to see lots of you there!)... and I'm going to be doing some interesting things with Alcohol Inks. So I'm experimenting. Seeing what works, what doesn't work so I can share my experiences with you all. And I created this background.... .... and I didn't like it one bit! Too blotchy, too bright, what on earth can I do with this!!... well I thought I'd set myself a challenge to make something nice out of it. So I grabbed a few stamps - some Dog Inchie stamps from Inkadinkado and some odd words I have here and there... and played.... .... sort of there - but still quite dark.... so of course... out comes the silver and white gel pens to add some accents (Yes Sarah H of Attleborough, I can hear you smirking at me from here).... I can't emphasise enough how much these little accents can make such a difference to your creations!... there I said it... again :-)
And here is my final piece... and I LOVE it!!. So Believe that you can create someting beautiful out of something you don't quite like at first.... and for all those other owners of crazy dogs... I thought believe was quite appropriate wording to go with my dogs - especially when you've spent as much time at dog training as we have :-)

Attention Bargain Hunters!.... We've set up a Sales section in the shop - lots of stamps particularly that have been priced to clear... we want to make some room for new exciting things.... so grab a coffee and go bargain hunt!

Keep em peeled - I may just give you some more sneeky peeks of my samples in advance a little later this week if I get time!

Jane x

No comments: