Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Charms Necklace and dragonflies




I spent ages at the trade fair at the learning table with Beadtime who supplies many of the beads and findings I sell. Their fantastic tutor took us through lots of hints, tips and techniques to create gorgeous jewellery. This particular example we made using the Indian Glass Beads we stock on our website. This is a fab way of using these more luxurious beads to really show them off. A cost effective piece of jewellery as you only need half a dozen beads, accented with a focal bead (I used a heart) and a few charms. The lovely dragonfly is made using seed beads, a few small spacer beads and the dragonfly wings. The beads are fixed onto headpins and then onto a small piece of chain using split rings. The piece is then hung on a length of faux suede finished with a box closer and toggle clasp. I haven't got the dragonfly wings in stock yet.... but as you can imagine, the class has left me brimming with new ideas which requires new beads and findings... so I'm in the midst of putting together an order for all sorts of goodies! If you have any particular requests to add to the order - email me in the next couple of days!
More inspiration to follow over the next few days... I won't fill up your heads with all the samples I made all at once!!
happy crafting
Jane


No comments: