Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Lofty!

For today's card I've used a lofty the giraffe stamp. I've stamped him in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then coloured him in using Promarkers. To make the image stand out I've outlined him in a pale grey - this is also a handy way over covering any little strays over the lines. I've then used my labels dies to create the mount and then taken a sheet of patterned beige paper and run it through the cuttlebug with a Quickutz Vines embossing folder. Then add a little brown ink across the raised part of the card to add a few accents. Finally a little knot of rust coloured ribbon provides the finishing touch! I do like this style of card - you'll see similarilities in other designs I've created. I find that if you have a bold image, keeping the background quite crisp and clean only highlights the main design. I'll find you something a bit more artsy for my next project - show you something a little different in style!

happy crafting!

Jane

No comments: